The Kingdom of God is like…
Over the last two plus months I have talked about 3 general orders believers are given, or at least the top 3 God has given to me. Today, I will shift the tide and begin to look at the subject of our orders, The Kingdom of God.
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.” Matt 13:44
Here are a few thoughts on this one verse about the Kingdom:
- The field is in plain view...it’s the treasure that’s hidden.
- I wonder how many others walked past that field, but never saw the reason to stop. Maybe they were in a hurry or their minds were full of all the talks they needed to accomplish.
- I also wonder where the treasure was hidden. Was it just laying on the ground? Was it buried? Was it in a tree or behind a bush?
- This story reminds me of the pictures which are used to make another picture (I think they are called hidden images). The real image was there all along, plain as day, but sometimes you must take time to see it.
- The man who found it, covered it up… When we treasure something, it is worth protecting. This can be said for many things in life, including our families or the lives of unborn babies. When we find the value, we are willing to protect it.
- Then in his joy… What a great treasure he found. To be joyful in selling all he has.
- We are not told how much he had, how long it took him to sell it or how much he got for it. We are simply told he sold it all because of the joy for the treasure he found.
- So, what can we learn from this? The Kingdom of God is exceptional and will require us to sacrifice some, if not all of our earthly desires, in order to truly experience its power.
- During your personal Pit Time today, spend some time thinking about the joy of finding the Kingdom!